Shadow A Scientist
A unique outreach initiative that promotes social mobility of students from under-represented & disadvantaged backgrounds into higher education.
About the programme
Shadow A Scientist is a 4-day programme that offers pupils:
- Shadowing opportunity with world’s leading STEM researchers
- A taster of university life through campus tours, icebreakers and Q&A sessions with current undergraduate students
- Numerous skills based workshops and bespoke training sessions including a CV clinic, mock interview session, workshop on the effective use of social media, etc.
- Pupils MUST be aged between 16-19 and from a non-selective state school based in the U.K.
Preference will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria
- Pupil hails from a BPL (below poverty line) family
- Pupil is a first generation learner, i.e, pupil’s parents have not attended university
- Pupil belongs to a socially under-represented or economically weak community
Register your interest for Shadow A Scientist 2021!