Shadow A Scientist
A unique outreach initiative that promotes social mobility of students from under-represented & disadvantaged backgrounds into higher education.
About the programme
Shadow A Scientist is a 4-day programme that offers pupils:
- Shadowing opportunity with world’s leading STEM researchers
- A taster of university life through campus tours, icebreakers and Q&A sessions with current undergraduate students
- Numerous skills based workshops and bespoke training sessions including a CV clinic, mock interview session, workshop on the effective use of social media, etc.
- Pupils MUST be aged between 16-19 years and from a non-selective state school based in London
Preference will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria
- Pupils subscribes to free school meals
- Pupil is a first generation learner, i.e, pupil’s parents have not attended university
- Pupil belongs to a socially under-represented or economically weak community