Shadow A Scientist
About the Programme
Showdow A Scientist (SAS) is a unique 5 day boot camp tailored for pupils aged 15-18 at King’s College London.
SAS offers pupils:
- Two days of shadowing opportunity with world’s leading STEM researchers at King’s
- A taster of university life through campus tours, icebreakers and Q&A sessions with current undergraduate students
- Numerous skills based workshops and bespoke training sessions including a CV clinic, mock interview session, workshop on the effective use of social media, etc.
- Pupils must be aged between 15-18 years and from a non-selective state school based in London
Preference will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria
- Pupils subscribes to free school meals
- Pupil is a first generation learner, i.e, pupil’s parents have not attended university
- Pupil belongs to a socially under-represented or economically weak community
Shadow A Scientist has been a very unique experience for me and I'm very thankful to have been a part of it. I'm now more confident about applying for university.
After completing the SAS I can’t wait to start university since it made me realise that you have access to as many opportunities as you want aside from your degree
Shadowing a scientist provided a unique insight into the nature of working in a lab. Working with PhD students allowed me to realise the significance of independent research and have a more practical scientific view beyond the A-Level curriculum
Shadow A Scientist was honestly an incredible experience. The fact that we were paired with PHD tutors is something that is really rare and it was interesting listening to all of their wisdom